David has been writing and blogging for over 10 years
Most Recent Articles:
Parenting a middle schooler is fraught with challenges. The inner life of an emerging adult - desperate not only to self-individuate but also not sure of being ready to leave the comforting dependency of childhood - is laden with minefields. Yet when...
buy here The Family Enterprise Playbook: A Framework for Action How Do You Build a Family Enterprise?How do you know if you are successful in doing so? I have wrestled with these 2 questions for the last 2 years, since publishing my first book. Over that time, from...
Photo by Polina Zimmerman on Pexels.com Here is a complete run down of what I read during Q2. Investing The Bond King by Mary Child - Having ‘grown up’ in the market’s reading Bill Gross’ writing, I was curious to learn more. This was a good, but not great in my...
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com In our first post about organizational governance, we concluded that there were three primary focal areas of governance: Identification of goals - aka purpose and vision Pursuit of those goals - aka strategy Social structure - how the...
Photo by Polina Zimmerman on Pexels.com Here is a complete run down of what I read during Q2. Investing The Last Tycoons: Secret History of Lazard Freres by William Cohan - This was long but interesting Lessons from the Titans: What Companies in the New Economy Can...
Grouped by Topic
Occasionally, we wade into different waters, here are our best reflections
Family Office and Family Wealth
These articles were all drafted prior to David joining Greycourt in September 2023. He actively blogs on similar subject matter here.
- Pursuing 100 Years is Tough – and Not For All Families
- The Centrality of Investment to the Legacy Family
- How Fast Must a Family’s Assets Grow?
- Distribution Rate – The Only Variable a Family Can Control in Investing
- The Greatest, but Tenuous, Advantage for Family Investment
- The Value of Investment Advice vs. Its Cost
- What You Should Know Before Marrying Rich
- The Primary Risk for G1 Wealth Creators Starting a Family Office
- The Three Hardest Things For Family Enterprises to Do and Why
- What Do You Pay the People Who Make You Money?
Join 5,000 other followers of David's thinking and insights