David has been writing and blogging for over 10 years
Most Recent Articles:
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com In our first post about organizational governance, we concluded that there were three primary focal areas of governance: Identification of goals - aka purpose and vision Pursuit of those goals - aka strategy Social structure - how the...
Or at least put it on a diet? Considerations on Managing the capital invested in your business Photo by Alizee Marchand on Pexels.com A long-time board member for a family business I know regularly remarks that the family should "not starve the goose that lays the...
Photo by Paul Seling on Pexels.com Since joining student government in 9th grade, I have seemingly been doing governance work for my entire adult life. Over the course of time, I have been fortunate to serve in a governance role for a wide variety of...
Photo by Vraj Shah on Pexels.com In a world drowning in "expertise," we, in fact, suffer from an acute shortage of true gurus. Easy publishing platforms, YouTube, Tiktok, etc. etc. have increased the access and opportunity for content creators to...
In the spring of 2001, as a high school senior, we went on a class trip to Italy. It was an amazing trip where we were able to see a large portion of the country - more of a jet ski approach vs. scuba diving - though definitely age appropriate. Like any group of...
Grouped by Topic
Occasionally, we wade into different waters, here are our best reflections
Family Office and Family Wealth
These articles were all drafted prior to David joining Greycourt in September 2023. He actively blogs on similar subject matter here.
- Pursuing 100 Years is Tough – and Not For All Families
- The Centrality of Investment to the Legacy Family
- How Fast Must a Family’s Assets Grow?
- Distribution Rate – The Only Variable a Family Can Control in Investing
- The Greatest, but Tenuous, Advantage for Family Investment
- The Value of Investment Advice vs. Its Cost
- What You Should Know Before Marrying Rich
- The Primary Risk for G1 Wealth Creators Starting a Family Office
- The Three Hardest Things For Family Enterprises to Do and Why
- What Do You Pay the People Who Make You Money?
Join 5,000 other followers of David's thinking and insights