David has been writing and blogging for over 10 years
Most Recent Articles:
Photo by Nubia Navarro (nubikini) on Pexels.com Readers, by their very nature, have a love affair with reading. For many, the physical word is the most compelling format to engage with. Thus, it is not a far reach that the readers love affair is equal parts with the...
Photo by NICE GUYS on Pexels.com Things that appear positive at first glance, but are ultimately negative, are especially pernicious. And no industry is immune, the world of family wealth included. The positive is that many of the ideas and techniques that began in...
Here are three charts from the past 6 months or so that have been thought provoking Oil and the Green Transition The growth of environmentally focused policies and governance are starving new oil and gas production...interesting to consider how we get energy to go...
Photo by Lukas on Pexels.com It may sound contradictory, but constraints can be delightfully liberating. Faced with the possibility of doing anything, some times, the natural reaction is to do nothing. Anyone who has sat down in front of the Cheesecake Factory has...
Photo by Kristina Paukshtite on Pexels.com For those of you looking for stocking stuffers for Christmas this year, I wanted to recommend my favorite books of the year. (all links are Amazon affiliate links) Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging We have a strong...
Grouped by Topic
Occasionally, we wade into different waters, here are our best reflections
Family Office and Family Wealth
These articles were all drafted prior to David joining Greycourt in September 2023. He actively blogs on similar subject matter here.
- Pursuing 100 Years is Tough – and Not For All Families
- The Centrality of Investment to the Legacy Family
- How Fast Must a Family’s Assets Grow?
- Distribution Rate – The Only Variable a Family Can Control in Investing
- The Greatest, but Tenuous, Advantage for Family Investment
- The Value of Investment Advice vs. Its Cost
- What You Should Know Before Marrying Rich
- The Primary Risk for G1 Wealth Creators Starting a Family Office
- The Three Hardest Things For Family Enterprises to Do and Why
- What Do You Pay the People Who Make You Money?
Join 5,000 other followers of David's thinking and insights