David is a Managing Director at Greycourt. Prior to joining Greycourt in 2023, David founded Family Capital Strategy, a strategy consultancy for family offices in 2019. Previously, David was a partner at a large asset management firm in Nashville after spending many years as a fundamental investor and analyst.
David has and continues to serve in a broad range of governance roles. Currently, he serves as Chair of the Board for a midwestern Private Trust Company, board member for a Southeastern Private Trust Company, and an Investment Committee Member for a Foundation. He is also on the Board of 21/64, a national practice advising family philanthropies.
David has loved using strategic insights to drive organizations forward for as long as he can remember. Across his background as a multiple entrepreneur, board member of both for and not-for profit organizations, and an author, his focus is on helping to clearly distill the questions organizations face and then formulate an appropriate response.
After interning as a high school student with a publicly traded technology company, David founded his first company while in high school providing technology consulting to local businesses. Since then, he has helped build organizations of all types including:
- Large, multi-national financial services firms
- Private equity funds
- Regional wealth management firms
- Education focused non-profits
Originally from Virginia, David currently lives in Nashville TN, with his wife Meredith. They have three children: Henry, Eliza, and James.
Books Read Annually
Prior Board Roles
Rounds of Golf in 2022
- BS from Wake Forest, Magna Cum Laude, Beta Gamma Sigma
- Executive Ed course work at the Kellogg School of Management
- Chartered Financial Analyst Charterholder
- 21/64 Certified Advisor
- Eagle Scout
- 2017 – Nashville Forty Under Forty
- 2019 – Nashville Emerging Leader – Financial Services
- 2020 – All Star Board Member – Nashville Post
Join 5,000 other followers of David's thinking and insights