This week’s highlights: Job Training, The Future of the Office, and the Cost of College
Original Content / Content Where I Contributed
- Does a Newspaper Subscription Make Sense in a Substack Era? With the rise of Substack, flagship newspapers may become the farm team for thought leaders.
- CNBC – 3 steps when combining finances with your spouse A few thoughts around Valentine’s
Have a great weekend!
PS – check out my new book (Amazon)!
Food for Thought
- WashPo – Millions of jobs probably aren’t coming back, even after the pandemic ends The United States needs to invest more in retraining workers, economists warn
- HBR – Persuading the Unpersuadable Adam Grant looks at those who were successful in getting the late Steve Jobs to change in his mind.
- HarvardMed – The Journey to Here Nashville’s Andre Churchwell reflects on race, racism, and the power of family.
- WashPo – ‘Tomorrow. Tomorrow I’ll start to feel better. This is a heartbreaking story – Kaitlin Denis, on approaching Year Two of living with covid-19
- ScottGalloway – The Algebra of Wealth Achieving economic security requires hard work, talent, and a tremendous amount of focus on . . . money. Yes, some people’s genius will be a tsunami that overwhelms a lack of focus and discipline. Assume you are not that person.
- PWC – It’s time to reimagine where and how work will get done Nine months into a monumental shift to work-from-home, business leaders are more convinced about the productivity gains achieved, but some are no closer to giving up the office.
- HuffPo – How to Develop Innovative Leaders at Every Level of Your Organization
- TBP – Advice for Rich Uncles and Others
- Stratechery – Clubhouse’s Inevitability
- GregCurtis – How Sharpe Is Your Ratio
Culture / Tech / Science
- AWCS – Why Is College So Expensive?
- CNN – Sorry, millennials – this Emoji Isn’t Cool Anymore – Credit MW
- Hodinkee – Hodinkee Acquires Crown & Caliber
- Vice – Why Taylor Swift’s Plan to Re-Record Her Old Music Is Actually Going to Work
- TheVerge – The Business of Influence with MKBHD Marques Brownlee is one of the best reviewers I know, and also one of the most savvy and successful YouTubers.
When Anything is Possible – Wealth and the Art of Strategic Living
However wealth arrives – whether made or inherited, it can be a disorienting and worrying experience. When Anything is Possible is meant to be a guidebook about how to engage thoughtfully and strategically with wealth. Doing so requires a person to articulate 3 key items – Wealth Structure, Wealth Identity and ultimately a Wealth Strategy. The book walks through each of these items in great depth, and guides the reader through a process to develop each.
If you are interested in learning more, visit here and download a free chapter.