This week’s highlights: Covid Pods, IPOs, Driving for Lyft
by David Wells – Nashville TN
Happy Friday –
Hope you have a great weekend.
Original Content This Week –
- What You Should Know Before Marrying Rich We have all heard the common saying – “It’s as easy to love a rich man, as a poor one.” But is that really the case?
Or as 1 reader commented this week – this post basically explains why Harry and Meghan moved to LA.
Food for Thought
- NYMag – Panic! in the Pod Parents who barely knew each other are suddenly running makeshift schools together.
- MS – 384 Ways to Help Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife is changing the shape of philanthropy – “The result over the last four months has been $4,158,500,000 in gifts to 384 organizations across all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington D.C.”
- Kellogg – How to Negotiate via Email
- WashPo – How a mother-daughter standoff over a dirty sock became a viral sensation
- Outside – A Bad Uncle’s Guide to Dangerous Gifts for Kids
- Axios – IPOs meet reality TV – Credit DH – What could go wrong here?
- KKR – 2021 – Another Voice KKR’s asset allocation team consistently publishes thought provoking market outlooks
- WashPo – I Didn’t Make It – Credit TP – A Walt Disney World waitress struggles to hold on to her middle-class life amid a pandemic and catastrophic layoff
- Marketwatch – Warren Buffett and index champion John Bogle both knew the other was right about investing
- Forbes – Billion-Dollar Dynasties: These Are The Richest Families In America
Culture / Tech / Science
- Wisconsin Golf – Phil Poletti started the Caddie & Leadership Academy to give back to the game of golf. Now he’s aiming to have 25 chapters by 2025 – Phil has been a close family friend for 30+ years. This is an incredibly cool program. “It’s really all about the core principles that caddying teaches you – the respect, the communication skills. It’s not just a job. Every time you caddie, you’re going out on a four-hour mentorship with somebody.”
- Engadget – 30 years on, Hubble is still making dazzling discoveries
- Jalopnik – I paid $250 to drive for Lyft last year
- WashingtonPost – John le Carré didn’t just invent the characters in the foreground of the spy world. He designed the entire set.
- WSJ – How Autism and Invention Are Connected Our unique ability to analyze patterns is at the root of a psychological disability and the talent that drives human development
My Forthcoming Book:
When Anything is Possible – Wealth and the Art of Strategic Living, on January 12, 2021.
However wealth arrives – whether made or inherited, it can be a disorienting and worrying experience. When Anything is Possible is meant to be a guidebook about how to engage thoughtfully and strategically with wealth. Doing so requires a person to articulate 3 key items – Wealth Structure, Wealth Identity and ultimately a Wealth Strategy. The book walks through each of these items in great depth, and guides the reader through a process to develop each.
If you are interested in learning more, visit here and download a free chapter.