Reese Witherspoon, Black Swans, Pandemic Hair Care
by David Wells – Nashville TN
In that vein, there are a few incredibly well done originals commenting on life at home.
- Hello (from the Inside) an Adele Parody – hat tip to my wife for finding this gem –
- “Bored in the House” – When a TikTok video is picked up by rapper Tyga and blended with another beat maker – you get a new hip-hop song (and video!) that encapsulates the current climate well. Please note – language here is definitely R rated.
Food for Thought
- Image – Mentored by the Dead C.S. Lewis’ reflections on life during WWII have grown in popularity in recent weeks. Here is one author’s reflections on Lewis’ unique insights. “The trouble comes, Lewis says, when world events are so distressing, and our anxieties so occupying, we can no longer focus on what we are actually called to do in this place, at this hour, and the next, and the next. We believe that by taking in more information we can somehow control the uncontrollable.
- VanityFair – The Book of Reese In recent years, Reese Witherspoon has turned her literary obsession into an empire. Her latest brilliant book adaptation: Little Fires Everywhere, which debuts March 18 on Hulu
- FarnamStreet – Preserving Optionality: Preparing for the Unknown We’re often advised to excel at one thing. But as the future gets harder to predict, preserving optionality allows us to pivot when the road ahead crumbles. See also – The Polymath Advantage: People Who Have “Multiple Skills” Are More Likely to be Successful
- NYT – Ann Patchett on Why We Need Life-Changing Books Right Now
- MMM – No, You Didn’t Just Lose Half Of Your Retirement Savings – A thoughtful, balanced response to the market’s continued volatility
- Howard Marks – Which Way Now?
- TBP – Alpha is Truly ‘Fleeting’
- Taleb – The Corona Crisis is Not a Black Swan
- Inc – Want to Fall in Love With Your Partner Again? Science Says to Ask Them These 36 Questions – Clearly you have the time..
- GQ – Hello, Friends: The Soothing Power of Rewatching the Masters Through some weird quirk of corporate generosity, the final-round broadcasts of the tournament, going back all the way to the 1960s, are on YouTube, for free,
- CNN – The coronavirus pandemic is making Earth vibrate less
- NYT – How to Take Care of Your Hair at Home and Coveteur – Read This Before Dying Your Roots at Home – There are a lot of roots that are seeing the un-retouched light of day for the first time in many years…what to do?