This week’s highlights: Being Trapped, Playing to Win, and Autism
Happy Friday! –
Have a great weekend
Topic of the Week
- Compact – A Black Professor Trapped in Anti-Racist Hell. This was thought provoking and worth spending some time digesting…”This might be just another lament about “woke” campus culture, and the loss of traditional educational virtues. But the seminar topic was “Race and the Limits of Law in America….” I am a black professor, I directed my university’s black-studies program, I lead anti-racism and transformative-justice workshops, and I have published books on anti-black racism and prison abolition.”
- WSJ – The Secret to Being a Star at Work Right Now. Today, common sense and manners are often enough to stand out
- HBR – Eliminate Strategic Overload How to select fewer initiatives with greater impact
- NYT – Bing’s A.I. Chat: ‘I Want to Be Alive. ’. In a two-hour conversation with our columnist, Microsoft’s new chatbot said it would like to be human, had a desire to be destructive and was in love with the person it was chatting with. Here’s the transcript.
- Ted Lasso – Season 3 Trailer
Other Great Reads
- Roger Martin – The Origins of Playing To Win If you could only read one book on corporate strategy, I personally think this is the one. It artfully manages the balance between theory and practice – and is immediately actionable
- FT Partners – 2022 Annual Fintech Almanac
- CAIA – Mega Endowment FY 2022 Returns: The Diversifiers Strike Back
- PershingSquare Holdings – Annual Investor Presentation
- WSJ – Blackstone’s Big New Idea Leaves It Bruised. The private-equity giant built a new customer pool of small investors with its Breit real-estate fund, but the market downturn caused many to try to sell
- Pew Research Center – Parenting in America Today Mental health concerns top the list of worries for parents; most say being a parent is harder than they expected
- Wrexham – How Wrexham AFC has grown as we mark the second anniversary of the Club’s takeover
- NYP – Scientists ‘switch off’ autism symptoms using $3 epilepsy drug: discovery
- NRN – Why Chick-fil-A is opening a ‘Brake Room’ for NYC’s delivery drivers
- GQ – Golf’s Existential Crisis Is Coming to Netflix When it greenlit its new golf series Full Swing, Netflix was hoping to build something like the next Drive to Survive—then a controversial new Saudi league took aim at the PGA Tour and the fight for the soul of the game commenced. It’s a good thing cameras were rolling.
- Does how you handle your wealth actually align with what you care most about in the world?
- Do you feel like you are pro-active and intentional with your financial affairs or entirely reactive to a busy world?
Growing financial wealth is a natural occurrence on the path to success. While this should make life easier, that is not always the case. With greater wealth, comes great opportunity and an overwhelming number of choices to make.
When Anything is Possible is the guidebook about how to engage strategically with wealth. It will help you change your wealth from something overwhelming and all-consuming towards a resource to be deployed to help you positively impact the things that you value most.
If you are interested in learning more, visit here and download a free chapter.